Thursday, November 6, 2008

Living in PV

I just checked on some old blogs posted by my wonderful friend Laurel who recently moved to a place that's located near places she can walk to...that got me thinking about what my life in Puerto Vallarta will be like. I have a great location and can easily walk into 'old town' where there are lots of cool restaurants, shops, coffee houses, beaches and more.

If I decide not to walk to town there is a bus that stops right in front of my place and it takes me just about anywhere for approximately 40 cents. Sometimes there are random guitar players and / or singers who will hop on and entertain the whole bus.

I've been living in Los Angeles for almost two years at a central location (this after living in Monterey where I had to drive to get to the closest Starbucks...and drive even further for movies, groceries, etc--not a long drive but a drive) In PV I will be able to walk to almost everything. Now that I've experienced living so close to so many things I would never want to go back to having to drive like I had to do in my previous residences. I am already planning for my morning walks on the beach ending in town with a latte at the coffee shop/book exchange.

No comments: