Thursday, September 22, 2011

Another Season, Another Reason....




I am sitting in my with my computer on my lap, AC on, no TV (too bad as this is the week with all the new programs)....the nightly tropical rain started and knocked out my television (it's a dish). When the rains start I know that tomorrow the weather will be cooler since the humidity will be lowered by the rain.

Checking my email I find emails from my seasonal friends who are back or will be soon so 'The Season' is starting! Within the next week or two some of the restaurants that closed for the summer will reopen. Bingo dates are being set, parties are being planned and (yay!) I'll have my first mah jongg game in months!

Last weekend a group of 10 of us took the first yacht trip of the season. We started with mimosas at a local private yacht club and then sailed to a private beach for breakfast...live jazz played on the top deck....wonderful!. My seasick pills worked and I had a great time with my friends, Patty, Ginger, Amy and one of Patty's visitors...a perfect day and a perfect way to get into the feel of the end of summer.

No comments: